By: David C. Cooke
IMPORTANT REMINDER!! The “Modern Gospel” is everywhere and distorts, ignores and cheapens the essential doctrines that make the gospel, “The True Gospel!”
1. When you misrepresent our Holy God and His Gospel we call it idolatry and today many in the pulpit have minimized the real God of the Bible and presented a false concept of God. They preach ‘a god’ that exists to serve and bless you instead of us serving and pleasing Him. God defines the real Gospel and it is found in the holy scriptures. VERY DANGEROUS TO PREACH A FALSE VIEW OF GOD AND THE GOSPEL!
2. Many popular preachers are biblically illiterate, preaching messages that please carnal people. They love to flatter you with ‘me-centered’ messages instead of being humbled with holy awe with a ‘God-centered message’.
These worthless man-centered messages are very secular with a few scriptures taken out of context. One thing is very clear-there is little of the Bible being preached, taught and expounded these days. Gal.1:6 says they ‘pervert the gospel of Christ.’
Yes your emotions may be stirred by a shallow sermon but what about a message that speaks to your conscience?
3. LISTEN TO APOSTLE PAUL.
Romans 2:16 “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”
1st Thess.2:4-5″But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing to men, but God, which trieth our hearts. For neither at anytime used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness, God is our witness.”
A lot of false ministers love to flatter in order to fill their pockets with money. Paul did not flatter people!
Galatians 1:9″As we said before, so say now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Accursed means, ” doomed to destruction, and will receive God’s wrath and damnation.”
4. Warren W. Wiersbe said-‘Jesus didn’t die to make us healthy, wealthy, and happy. He died to make us holy. To turn Calvary into a sanctified credit card that gives us the privilege of a hedonistic shopping spree is to cheapen the most costly thing God ever did.”
5. It is very shocking that you can attend thousands of churches that preach a modern ‘feel good false gospel’ but they never preach the ‘true gospel of Jesus Christ.’ Many churches never preach about the blood of Jesus and His death on the Cross for our sin’s. They do not even mention the word ‘sin’. You may hear about ‘heaven’ but never about ‘hell’ or the ‘wrath of God.’ You will never hear the need to ‘repent’ and live a ‘holy life.’ They never teach on the commandments of Jesus and how we must obey them. Many cannot even sing the great, godly hymns that are full of sound doctrine and devotion. Instead they will sing empty, shallow songs with few words over and over again and call it ‘worship’. Plenty of sermons of how God will bless you but very few of how we bless God by living a holy and obedient life through the Risen Son of God, our Lord Jesus!!
6. I say that the holy fear and awe of God is not in these churches because they do not preach in detail the character and holy attributes of God. There is no conviction of sin. No weeping before God with a contrite spirit that wants to repent and get right with God.
7. You can fill up a so-called church with people who are told what they want to hear but not what they need to hear which is the Truth of God’s Word. If you edit and delete these major doctrines from the Word then you no longer preach the Word you preach a man-made message that tickles the ears but does not change lives and does not make true disciples of Jesus Christ. These false gospels are the broad road that leads to hell.
If you follow Jesus and are born of God and yearn for holiness you will travel as a pilgrim on the narrow road that leads to heaven. (Matthew 7:13-14)
8. The ‘REAL JESUS AND THE REAL GOSPEL’ would be rejected by most churches these days!
Many want a very positive, upbeat cool seeker-sensitive Jesus who will grant them their every wish and carnal desire for the things of this world. Many want a casual, comfortable Christianity that demands no sacrifice, no repentance, no holiness and no need to surrender all to the real Jesus of the Bible. Well that is a false Christianity and not the gospel according to Jesus. Read your bible and discover the real BIBLICAL LORD JESUS CHRIST
9. According to 2nd Timothy 4:3-4 it says many will not tolerate or accept sound doctrine and do not want to hear the preaching of the truth. They have ‘itching ears’ that lust after false teaching that caters to their flesh and selfish desires. They ‘turn away their ears’ from the absolute Truth of God’s Word and love the latest popular teaching that leads them away from knowing the True God. Just because it is popular does not mean it is biblical.
10. Few want teaching that calls for self-denial, repentance, holiness of life, separation from the world and that tells them they must fear the Lord and hate sin and exalt Christ in daily living. Self-centered teaching is the norm now and the multitudes lust after it.
11. Acts 17:11, 2nd.Tim 3:16, Acts 3:19-26, 2nd Tim.4:1-5, Gal.1:8-10, Luke 24:44-49, 1st John 2:1-6, Matt. 28:16-20, Romans chapter 5 and chapter 6. 2nd Tim.2:19. Titus 2:11-15.
Please if you can get your Bible and look up each of these scriptures. It will be worth your time. Keep pressing on in Jesus!
Brother David C. Cooke (Share post as the Lord leads you) —